Featured Post

Seething Cakes of Hatred

Making pancakes, as I learned at AP's birthday bash at the beach this weekend, is an unbelievably tedious chore. I don't know why I...

Monday, June 02, 2008

You're Not Alone

No spoilers, don't worry.

The Toddtender and I saw Sex and the City on Saturday night. He cried twice, and I cried once. Unless you count my crying in the parking lot as I tried to tell him about the scene in the movie that made me cry (New Year's Eve).

I fall into the camp of people who loved the show and were just so happy to see the ladies together again. There were some wonderful Charlotte moments, and since she's the character I'm most like, I appreciated seeing her shine.

I was not disappointed at all. When I first heard about the movie, I was so worried it would spoil the nearly perfect ending to the original series. But this movie only built upon the wonderful stories of Carrie, Miranda, Charlotte, and Samantha.

By the way, the music playing in the background of this review is by Portland's own Pink Martini. They're a wonderful band and so much fun to see in person. The song is "Donde estas, Yolanda?" from Sympathique

No comments: