Featured Post

Seething Cakes of Hatred

Making pancakes, as I learned at AP's birthday bash at the beach this weekend, is an unbelievably tedious chore. I don't know why I...

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Visiting The Parents

I am so happy to see my family. It has been a year since I've been home. Although I've had only a short visit this time, it feels like plenty of time.

Yes the bed is comfortable and, no thanks, I don't need another blanket. I'm not hungry right now and, okay, sure, I'll have a glass of water - no, water's fine. Plenty of light for reading thank you, I'm fine and - okay - sure you can just turn on that lamp. Oh that's better, and no I don't need another blanket. Please don't turn the heat up, I'm kind of warm already. Oh the ceiling fan? Okay, sure. Wow that is really loud, I don't think I can sleep with that on. Ear plugs? No thanks, and I don't need a cold washcloth or a sandwich or a cup of hot chocolate or a hard cider (although a nice bucket of Maker's Mark sounds good right about now) I think I'll just head to bed, and thanks but you don't need to throw in a load of laundry for me tonight. Okay see you tomorrow. Good night Mom and Dad.

I sure love them a LOT. I really do. And I am really happy I'll be in my own bed tomorrow night.