Featured Post

Seething Cakes of Hatred

Making pancakes, as I learned at AP's birthday bash at the beach this weekend, is an unbelievably tedious chore. I don't know why I...

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Cultspeak

So, if you say to me, "Please join us for dinner at The Nice Restaurant next week. We're getting a big group together to celebrate my birthday! My whole family and lots of my friends are coming. My cousin and his wife will also be there."

What I hear, is this: "We are gathering together a large group of people who share no common bond other than their single-minded devotion to one person. We are going to overtake a restaurant and draw a great amount of attention to ourselves simply by sheer force of numbers."

Something to keep in mind.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Haloscan is no more. So I'm just going to have to get used to Blogger comments, I guess. If you know of something better I should be using, feel free to let me know!