Featured Post

Seething Cakes of Hatred

Making pancakes, as I learned at AP's birthday bash at the beach this weekend, is an unbelievably tedious chore. I don't know why I...

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Quinta Noval 1991

I've grown tired of saving this bottle of Port. I bought it over 10 years ago and planned on opening it with my ex on our 10th anniversary. We didn't make it that far. Close, but no cigar.

Next I decided that I would wait until I had found my true soulmate and we would open the aged bottle of port wine together someday. We would toast our love together and raise our glasses to our future.

I am my own valentine right now, so I opened the bottle and raised a glass to me last night. And you know what? I feel great. It was like a weight fell of my shoulders knowing I wasn't waiting around anymore for someone to come along.

Besides, if he shows up someday I can always order a better and older port wine online. Cheers!

1 comment:

Jess said...

L'Chaim, Toddy! A good bottle is well used if shared with a lover, good friends or in recognition of your own worth. In this case, if having that drink made you feel better, then that's a good use of the port!