Featured Post

Seething Cakes of Hatred

Making pancakes, as I learned at AP's birthday bash at the beach this weekend, is an unbelievably tedious chore. I don't know why I...

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Now Will You Listen to Todd & Pony Show?


This is The Golden Boy, who often sits on my lap while wearing nothing but a towel on Tuesdays when I go to Happy Five Hours. Aren't I lucky? He's our special guest for this week's Todd & Pony Show podcast.

Our show this week is all about drinking. As you can imagine, I had a really hard time thinking of anything to say. On the podcast, I shared my special drink recipe for the Maker's Mark Old Fashioned.

If you are wondering why I'm doing a podcast with Pony, it's because I need more attention. Yes, even more attention than I'm already getting from Hot Toddy's Toaster Oven.

Sometimes when I am standing in the middle of the street singing the soundtrack from Rent and tapdancing, strangers ask me why I need so much attention. Then I hand them a bullhorn and ask them to please repeat the question so more people on the street will notice our conversation. When the cops finally show up to remove me from the middle of the road, I always pray that they will be filming a Portland episode of Cops, but so far that hasn't happened. If I got arrested on the television show Cops it would be a great way to get attention and to also plug my blog. The thing is, once somebody is arrested on that show you never see or hear from them again. I wouldn't like that. I would like the cameras to follow me and document my life in the slammer. Or I would want to at least be on a Cops reunion show where they bring back all the arrested people for a panel discussion. Maybe we could have a Cops All-Stars competition where we hardened criminals compete for cash and prizes on a desert island. Or we all have to live in a house together and have our lives taped to find out what happens when people stop being polite and start getting real.

Anyway, the point is, I think you should listen to our Todd & Pony Show, otherwise I might wither and die from lack of attention.

No comments: