Featured Post

Seething Cakes of Hatred

Making pancakes, as I learned at AP's birthday bash at the beach this weekend, is an unbelievably tedious chore. I don't know why I...

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Bears 2007



What a great group of guys. What a great season.

There I am, all the way in the back. Maybe the reason I became such an attention whore is that I have always been in the back row of pictures. Peeking over everyone else. That's okay. My height comes in very handy at parades.

I played second base on Sunday. That was quite a switch from right field. But I did get to tag two people out, which was fun.

The Toddtender is right in front of me in the picture. Without his encouragement and support, I would never have tried playing softball. Thanks to him, my life has changed. I don't say those words lightly. His direction changed my focus. I learned, through sports, that I can do more than I thought I could. I have learned to look to myself for strength. I've learned to pull from my inner resources instead of seeking help from outside myself. I've learned that I can be strong and powerful. I've learned that I will fight for something when I want it.

I will dive for a ball to stop it from getting away. I'll get dirty and love it. I'll swing at a ball, and if I miss it I will swing again and again until I hit it. If I break my toe, like I did last season (twice), I will get right back out there and try again.

I love being part of a team that truly understands that when we lose, we lose together. And when we win, we win together. This season the Bears definitely won. We were one home run away from 1st place for the season, and that is something to be proud of. Knowing I was part of that makes me proud.

No comments: