Featured Post

Seething Cakes of Hatred

Making pancakes, as I learned at AP's birthday bash at the beach this weekend, is an unbelievably tedious chore. I don't know why I...

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Opening Night


Tonight at 8:00 p.m. the cast of Tonya & Nancy will be rocking the World Trade Center. Our band is awesome. I just hope the audience will be able to hear us singing! I also hope that I don't do anything stupid. Last night at our final dress rehearsal, I accidentally brought a nightie on stage. What happened was.... the actress playing Tonya asked me to bring the wrap-around skirt part of her costume on stage because she didn't have time to put it on backstage. I accidentally scooped up some of the lingerie she wore in a previous scene and carried it out with me. The scene on stage was the 1993 National Figure Skating Championships, and there I was, Tonya Harding's bodyguard, holding a slinky negligee. I threw it on the floor and tried to kick it behind me.

Here is a link to story about the show. Included in the online article is a link to "When You Wake Up Sleeping in Your Car in Estacada", one of the songs in the show.

My cell phone rang at 7 a.m. this morning waking me from a sound sleep. It was Auburn Pisces calling to let me know she had seen me on the news. (A news crew had filmed one of our rehearsals a couple weeks ago so I think that's the footage she saw).

We've had lots of press for this show, and the fact that Tonya is coming to see it tonight is probably a big reason for the hullabaloo.

I am looking forward to meeting Ms. Harding, but to be honest I am more looking forward to this weekend when I can sleep in, do some laundry and go to the grocery store!

No comments: