Featured Post

Seething Cakes of Hatred

Making pancakes, as I learned at AP's birthday bash at the beach this weekend, is an unbelievably tedious chore. I don't know why I...

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Lazy

I'm so tired today. At the office this morning I needed to make a couple copies of some financial documents, but I had to wait because the copier was in sleep mode. So, as I'm standing there waiting for the copier to "wake up" I became very irritated. Why does the machine get to nap in between duties? I'm not allowed to sleep at work, and I do not think the copy machine should be allowed to either.

Maybe I am so tired because I've taken a couple days off from working out at the fitness center, which is on site here at the office. I did manage to get to the gym quickly yesterday afternoon, but I only went so I could get some hair product to fix my hair before happy hour.

To be honest, the real reason I'm tired is that I'm irresponsible. Instead of going to sleep last night at a decent hour, I stayed awake until 1 a.m. listening to my new Patty Griffin CD. It arrived yesterday while I was at work, and I had plans that kept me out until almost midnight, but I love Patty Griffin so much I fought to keep my eyes open while I listened to the CD, Children Running Through, in bed. The album is a masterpiece. Up to the Mountain (MLK Song) is incredible and shows off Patty's rich soulful voice, which soars through this song in a way that takes my breath away. Someone Else's Tomorrow surprised me as I listened to the minor key of the opening chords. The song is like nothing I've heard Patty do before. Listen, if you are not already a fan who has discovered Patty Griffin, now is the time!

You can see Patty Griffin tonight on The Late Show with David Letterman. You'll see what I mean!

No comments: