Featured Post

Seething Cakes of Hatred

Making pancakes, as I learned at AP's birthday bash at the beach this weekend, is an unbelievably tedious chore. I don't know why I...

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Party Like a President

Now that Valentine's Day is over, all the nightclubs are gearing up for the biggest party time of the year. You've seen the decorations, I'm sure. And everyone is getting excited for this crazy night of celebration.

Like millions of other Americans, I'm planning on going out tonight to celebrate Presidents' Day in style. I plan on dressing as James Polk. He's my fave.

The Math Whiz is going to join me. He's going as William Taft because "nobody hails him anymore, and it's time for Taft's day in the spotlight".

I had a moment of panic because I worried everyone would, of course, want to go to the bar dressed as James K. Polk. But the Math Whiz reassured me. "Don't be silly! Everyone is going as either Martin Van Buren, or the always good conversation-starter, President John Tyler."

He's right, of course. I get so sick of all the Martin Van Buren wannabes. James Polk kicks quite a bit of ass, so I'm happy that my friend convinced me to stick with my first instinct.

If I can just find my ascot, I can get to CC Slaughters and party like a President! Of all the times to misplace it!

No comments: