Featured Post

Seething Cakes of Hatred

Making pancakes, as I learned at AP's birthday bash at the beach this weekend, is an unbelievably tedious chore. I don't know why I...

Friday, May 19, 2006

The 24 Hour Play

Tomorrow night I will go watch a production of my latest play. I can't wait to see the actor's interpretations of my characters. I wonder what the lighting will be like? What music will they use in the play? I wonder how the director will guide the show?

I wonder what the play will be about?

That's right. I have no idea what the play will be about. I can't even start writing it until 10:00 p.m. tonight...


Four writers, four directors, and sixteen actors meet in a room late Friday night. The actors have polaroids taken. Each writer then randomly draws four photos and a director. Driven by inspiration and caffeine, the playwrights stay up all night and create the scripts. The actors and directors return in the morning and then spend the day rehearsing. Saturday evening, the plays are presented to the public.


Last month it was The Writer's Nightmare. Now this!

I sure like to torture myself.

No comments: