Featured Post

Seething Cakes of Hatred

Making pancakes, as I learned at AP's birthday bash at the beach this weekend, is an unbelievably tedious chore. I don't know why I...

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Free Stuff

Don't you just love free stuff? Last night my friends and I were treated to a round of free drinks by my favorite bartender in Portland. I can't tell you that I have a crush on him, though, because Auburn Pisces gave the hunky bartender my blog URL last night. And my phone number.

After the free round of drinks, the manager of the bar sent over a free round of shots. It was like Christmas. Well, it was like Christmas with the Virgin Mary slamming apple pucker shots and Joseph stumbling around the manger with a bottle of Maker's Mark.

My Tuesday night decadence resulted in my being five hours late to work today. I don't feel any remorse about that. When I am on my deathbed someday, I promise I will not think to myself, "I wish I had been on time to work more often..."

Because I got such a late start, I don't have much time to write today. I need to make a feeble attempt at getting actual work done. But I won't leave you without entertainment. Here are some fun things you can do until I manage to write something of substance here.

I heard that, Rob.

If you haven't read Tuna Girl's holiday letter, you really need to go do that now.

Or you can go read the alleged drunk dial I made last night to Ugly Pony.

Or just go make reservations to see the play I wrote.

No comments: