Featured Post

Seething Cakes of Hatred

Making pancakes, as I learned at AP's birthday bash at the beach this weekend, is an unbelievably tedious chore. I don't know why I...

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Hot Toddy's Catholic Post

My housemate, The Math Whiz, is one of the funniest people I know. His delivery is so dry. We were telling car crash stories this morning, and he told me that he once got into a collision with a a nun. I asked if it was her fault, and The Math Whiz said it was. Then he told me the police officer went up to her and said, "I wouldn't make a habit of this." The officer didn't really say that, but I loved The Math Whiz for coming up with that. The nun was apparently running a red light, so TMW now refers to her as "The Flying Nun".

I couldn't come up with anything funnier than TMW did. But I did suggest that maybe the police officer said to the nun, "If you think you're not getting a ticket for this, you better say your prayers, sister." Ba-dum-bum.

And continuing my Catholic theme for today, I am going to bet that Vatican City's new leader will be named Pope something. They seem to favor that name. If I ever had a child, I would name him (or her) "Pope" just to increase their chances of someday being the Catholic church leader.

Thank you. I'll be here all night.

No comments: