Featured Post

Seething Cakes of Hatred

Making pancakes, as I learned at AP's birthday bash at the beach this weekend, is an unbelievably tedious chore. I don't know why I...

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Hot Toddy's Random Acts of Kindness

Last evening on my way home from teaching illiterate adults to read, I stopped to give a homeless man a bag of food. He asked me to sit with him for a while, and we ended up getting into a long discussion about his dreams. He told me that he had always wanted to work in healthcare, so I dialed up a contact at work and got him a job. He starts Monday.

Then I brought Edna Mae, the elderly woman next door, her dinner. She thanked me for making turkey with mashed potatoes and gravy (her favorite) and showed me her wedding photo album for the fiftieth time. I always pretend I have never seen the pictures before because it makes her so happy.

I rescued some puppies out of a dumpster and took them to an orphanage. After that, I went home and called my boyfriend, Thor. I told him how much I loved him and promised to always be there for him. I also reminded him of his family's love for him and expressed how excited I am to one day meet them. I hope they will accept me in spite of all my faults.

That was pretty much all I did yesterday. Oh, I did find out something interesting though. Thor's mother found my blog and reads it sometimes now. I hope she will find it interesting to read of my humanitarian adventures.

No comments: