Featured Post

Seething Cakes of Hatred

Making pancakes, as I learned at AP's birthday bash at the beach this weekend, is an unbelievably tedious chore. I don't know why I...

Thursday, August 25, 2005

My Little Buttercup

I called one of my dearest friends, Buttercup, last night. We haven't spoken for almost a year, but we talked comfortably as only old friends can. Buttercup is the kind of friend who doesn't hold a grudge if you drift out of her life for a time. She is always waiting with open arms, the same way I wait for her. We will always be friends, because she knows how to give her friends room to fly yet always welcomes them back after their journeys.

I love you, Buttercup. It was wonderful to hear that you regularly read Hot Toddy's Toaster Oven. I'm not surprised you never comment. You always were a bit on the mysterious side.

In case you missed it the first time, here is a story about the time Buttercup and I worked at a summer camp in Minnesota.

No comments: