Featured Post

Seething Cakes of Hatred

Making pancakes, as I learned at AP's birthday bash at the beach this weekend, is an unbelievably tedious chore. I don't know why I...

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Call Me

Episode #3 of the podcast is now up. In this Episode, Pony pretends to be crippled after my horse, Bunny, throws him off because he whips her. Then Pony makes me do his homework for him, and I feel so guilty until I peek through his window and see him dancing around in his bedroom. Realizing that he's been faking his paralysis, I push him down a hill in his wheelchair, and he flies facedown into a puddle of mud.

Phoebe Tyler Wallingford also faked paralysis in All My Children. Can you think of other characters who faked paralysis? There must be dozens...

Anyway - Todd & Pony Show has a phone number now, so you can call and leave comments for us. The number is listed on our homepage. You can download the podcast through iTunes and other podcatchers. Just click the links on the left side of the page. We have a listing on Podcast Alley as well.

Here are some examples of voice mail messages I would like to receive at our new phone number:

Beep. "Hi Todd & Pony. This is Katie Holmes. Thank you for helping me realize that I'm getting involved in a dangerous cult. I now understand that I have to get away from this group before they destroy my life. I have not signed The Lisa Clause, and now, thanks to the podcast, I never will. Love your show, and keep up the good work!

Beep. "Hello. I am a normal person in a wheelchair, and I wanted to see if Pony would like to get together sometime. I have an electric wheelchair, but I am willing to give it up since Pony has a problem with people who can't walk using devices to assist them in making life easier. Pony, please call me!"

Beep. "Hi, I found Hot Toddy's Toaster Oven by googling 'Toaster Oven Lunches', and I wanted to say that I am shocked by this very homosexual website. Is it too much to ask for a website called 'Hot Toddy's Toaster Oven' to actually publish some nice recipes for toaster oven ham and cheese sandwiches or tiny quiches? Instead I have to read about Blonde Asian Bodybuilders and Salsa massages and other extremely homosexual topics! I'm very alarmed."

Beep. "Dude, I am the guy with blue eyes who passed you in the doorway of CC Slaughters on PRIDE weekend. I'm sorry I haven't called sooner, but I was spending some time in my vacation home in Dalarna, Sweden, and then I had my wrestling tournament. (I won.) But now I have some free time. I feel really drawn to you, but I'm worried that you won't like me because I have this embarrassing hobby. See, I play this online game called 'World of Warcraft', and I love it so much. I don't know if you could ever date somebody like that, but if you think you could live with it, please call. I love you, Toddy."

Beep. "Hello, Todd & Pony. This is Alison Arngrim, better known to many as mean Nellie Oleson. I would like to be on your show sometime. I don't know if you would really want me to be on, though. See, I play this online game called 'World of Warcraft', and I love it so much. If you could ever have someone like that as a guest on your show, please call."

No comments: