Featured Post

Seething Cakes of Hatred

Making pancakes, as I learned at AP's birthday bash at the beach this weekend, is an unbelievably tedious chore. I don't know why I...

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

KTONTGA

I wish there was a radio station that played nothing but Natasha Bedingfield's The One That Got Away. That song has been on my CD player on REPEAT since Saturday night.

"That was Natasha Bedingfield singing, The One That Got Away. Coming up, right after the news, The One That Got Away, by Natasha Bedingfield!"

I wonder if I will ever get sick of it? The way I got sick of bagels and cream cheese when I was 13 years old. Being from Missouri, I'd never had bagels and cream cheese. People from Missouri don't eat bagels and cream cheese. We eat those orange breakfast rolls from Pillsbury that you buy in a can and pop in the oven for a few minutes before spreading that sweet orange icing on them. But when we moved to southern Florida, our realtor had a big plate of bagels and cream cheese ready for us as my parents reviewed paperwork in her office. I ate one after another, and then we went to look at houses. As we drove around in the hot sun for hours and looked at property, the six bagels with cream cheese wouldn't stay down any longer. That realtor definitely earned her commission that day.

Happy Natasha Bedingfield Week!

No comments: