Featured Post

Seething Cakes of Hatred

Making pancakes, as I learned at AP's birthday bash at the beach this weekend, is an unbelievably tedious chore. I don't know why I...

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

And People Say I Can't Keep a Secret...

Only four people in the entire world know who is in this show. And none of them is in the cast.

Fourteen actors will arrive at the performance dressed in street clothes. They will get a ticket and a program and take their seats. After the play begins, the actors will make their entrances from the audience, standing up and delivering their first lines en route to the stage, where they will meet the rest of the cast for the first time.

A cascade of comedy and a solid hit on Broadway, Don`t Drink the Water takes place inside an American embassy behind the Iron Curtain. A family of American tourists rushes into the embassy two steps ahead of the police who suspect them of spying and picture taking. It`s not much of a refuge, for the ambassador is absent and his son, now in charge, has been expelled from a dozen countries and the continent of Africa. Adding to the mayhem are other Embassy residents - a priest learning magic, a high-maintenance chef, a sniveling second-in-command, and a Sultan. "Moved the audience to great laughter.... Allen`s imagination is daffy, his sense of the ridiculous is keen and gags snap, crackle and pop." N.Y. Daily News

Theatre Vertigo & The Cardboard Box Theatre Company co-produce this fourth annual Anonymous Theatre Production.

When: Monday, May 9th at 7:30 PM

Guess what I did last night!?

I think I know what skydiving must feel like now. I've never had a more thrilling theater experience in my life. My heart was pounding so hard as I waited to stand up in my seat and shout out my first line. Each and every actor in the show received tremendously enthusiastic applause as they spoke their first line and revealed their participation in the show.

I've never had more fun on stage, and the memories of this night will feed my soul for years to come. I love being an actor, and I love working with other talented people who can kick ass in a show without ever having met for a single rehearsal. Today, I'm feeling so proud to have been part of this show. Sorry I didn't tell you. I wasn't allowed.

No comments: