Featured Post

Seething Cakes of Hatred

Making pancakes, as I learned at AP's birthday bash at the beach this weekend, is an unbelievably tedious chore. I don't know why I...

Monday, May 23, 2005

Be Good to Each Other

My mom always said to my sister and me, "Be good to each other." She wouldn't tolerate much arguing and absolutely would never allow cruel taunts or vicious fighting. I was raised in a home where being good to each other was more important than getting straight A's or keeping our rooms clean. I'm thankful for that.

Lately, I've seen some mean-spirited comments at Hot Toddy's Toaster Oven, and I would hate to start deleting them or banning people from commenting here, but I will have to make some changes to my commenting features if some of you don't start being good to each other. You can disagree with me and comment to that effect. I can even tolerate an occasional insult (and have) but when nasty comments about other people start showing up, that's where I have to draw the line. Just so you know.

I think there's enough cruelty in the world. I'd love for this blog to be a refuge from such behavior. As for babysitting the other night, who ever said I wasn't enjoying the company of a hunky man at the same time I was doing my friend a favor?

No comments: