Featured Post

Seething Cakes of Hatred

Making pancakes, as I learned at AP's birthday bash at the beach this weekend, is an unbelievably tedious chore. I don't know why I...

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Pumping Up

Today I sat at break so long with Ms. Karma and Auburn Pisces that I got bed sores. This afternoon the three of us have to sit in a four hour meeting. By the end of the day, I am going to have to learn how to walk again.

It is really sad and disgusting how many hours a day I sit. Working an office job is not a great way to stay in shape, and if I don't go to the gym on a regular basis, I get almost no exercise. Walking to my car every day isn't going to cut it. But I am trying to get back into a routine of working out a minimum of four days a week.

I don't know why bad habits develop so easily. A year ago, I was a regular at the gym. Every other day I was there for at least an hour. And I love the feeling of my own body after I work out. I feel strong and healthy, and I sleep better. My sex drive goes through the roof, which isn't saying much since my libido permanently hovers near the ceiling anyway.

But somehow in the past several months, I gave myself an out. I allowed myself too many days off from working out. I relaxed. Maybe it happened after I did the show 10 Naked Men. Once I knew I didn't have to be dragged across a stage in handcuffs naked, I stopped worrying about my body. It will be interesting to see how dating a man who seems quite happy with me the way I am impacts my fitness level. So far, having such a loyal and loving person in my life only makes me want to work harder on my body. Since I have nothing to prove, I am truly working out just for myself and not to impress someone else.

My favorite thing about the gym is lifting weights. Running or using the elliptical trainer can be kind of fun as long as I have good music. But it can easily become boring and tedious. And that is when my mind wanders, which gets me into trouble. With lifting, I always feel awesome immediately afterwards. I feel so good in my own body, whereas when I run I just feel sweaty. I don't know where I am going with this post. Maybe I'm just trying to remind myself why I need to work out. I have been too lazy for too long.

One way or another, I will get back into regular workouts. I wonder how many calories one burns having sex?

No comments: