Featured Post

Seething Cakes of Hatred

Making pancakes, as I learned at AP's birthday bash at the beach this weekend, is an unbelievably tedious chore. I don't know why I...

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Pony Services Hot Toddy

Yesterday, I visited the website for my bank to do some online banking. Nobody could have prepared me for what was in store. I am trembling as I write about this traumatic experience.

My bank is Huge Northwestern Banking Conglomerate, and they recently updated their website. The colors have changed, and the login fields have been moved. It totally threw me off, and I dashed off an e-mail complaining about the redesign. It just so happens that the person who designed my blog also works for Huge Northwestern Banking Conglomerate. So I asked for Pony's help:

Dear Huge Northwestern Banking Conglomerate Technical Person:

Today when I logged on to the HNBC online banking website, I noticed that the place where I enter my username and password has been moved to the right side of the page.

I liked it better on the left side. Please move it back.
Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

Financially Yours,
Hot Toddy's Toaster Oven


I was impressed at the speedy reply I received from Pony, the HNBC Technical Person:

Dear Mr. Oven,

Thank you for your feedback regarding the new Huge Northwestern Banking Conglomerate Website.

We consider all feedback equally and we assure you that all comments and suggestions are evaluated for future improvement to our products and services.

After review, we are happy to inform you that when your checking account balance is more than $0.68, we can have the login box moved for you.

Even at that, the login information was never requested on the left side. It was always in the middle. We have, however, added the login box to the right side of the main page. This will save you a single mouse click on each visit to our Website. We feel that this will collectively save our customers 198 million click hours a year -- a considerable time savings.

Please enjoy the new "cool blue" Huge Northwestern Banking Conglomerate Website. If you have
any further questions or comments, please feel free to not send them to us.

Thank you,

Huge Northwestern Banking Conglomerate Technical People


My question is, how did he know my bank balance? I didn't know the HNBC technical people had that kind of access to my personal information.

No comments: