Featured Post

Seething Cakes of Hatred

Making pancakes, as I learned at AP's birthday bash at the beach this weekend, is an unbelievably tedious chore. I don't know why I...

Friday, May 06, 2005

Now if only I'd stop sleeping with boys...

After reading this note from my mother, is it any wonder that my sister and cousins call me "The Crown Prince"? Other than the whole being gay thing, which my family thinks is a phase, it seems I can do no wrong.

Dear Hot Toddy's Toaster Oven:
Oh my goodness, my goodness! Gorgeous red roses like I've never seen before! I couldn't believe the Fed Ex delivery today...
I thought they had the wrong house. Hot Toddy's Toaster Oven, the roses are soooooooooooo beautiful...

What a very special gift - (you cared enough to send the very best ha?)

I will NEVER forget this - I am Blessed to have you for a son I was shaking after opening up the delivery, and it touched me very, very much. You are very kind to send roses, and they're sitting on the dining room table now for my enjoyment throughout the coming days and into Mother's Day! What a nice thing you have done to make a very happy mom!

I love you.


What did I do to deserve this beautiful woman in my life? Can you imagine if I had upgraded to the deluxe roses? She'd have to go to the emergency room for palpitations of the heart.

I am the luckiest son in the world. I love you too, Mom!

No comments: