Featured Post

Seething Cakes of Hatred

Making pancakes, as I learned at AP's birthday bash at the beach this weekend, is an unbelievably tedious chore. I don't know why I...

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Hot Toddy's Wish List

I wish the lady who yelled at our building security guard this morning would realize that he does not work for the postal service and that it wasn't his fault she lost her money in the stamp machine.

I wish the comments on this blog were always as supportive and cool as they were yesterday. I'm so happy that most people like hearing about Thor and aren't at all annoyed by my romantic euphoria.

I wish I had a computer at home so I could keep up with all the great people who send me e-mail and get to know them better.

I wish Madeline Kahn were still alive and making great movies.

I wish it were already next Monday so Juju would be starting her first day at work in the cubicle next to mine.

I wish they made candles that smelled like new Playdough.

I wish there were English phrases like "Aloha", which means both "hello" and "goodbye". That way if I told people, "Die, motherfucker", it might mean "Have a nice day" or, well, "Die, motherfucker", and they would just have to make their best guess what I meant.

I wish I could take back all the years I was alone and give them to Thor so we could spend them together.

I wish I had reserved seating at CC Slaughters. With a velvet rope around my special area.

I wish my family could be more accepting of my sexuality so I could tell them how happy I am right now to be with Thor.

I wish they made Little House on the Prairie trading cards. That would be the shit. I'd collect them all!

1 comment:

hbjock said...

Hey there =) Cool list! Yeah that's why I love my Hawaiian language. It's a bit unique in that every word has several different meanings so our songs and dances have different levels of meanings.. you can talk really sweet about someone, but yet insulting them at the same time =).