Featured Post

Seething Cakes of Hatred

Making pancakes, as I learned at AP's birthday bash at the beach this weekend, is an unbelievably tedious chore. I don't know why I...

Friday, February 24, 2006

Acceptance

I'm really glad I've been reading some books and articles about Buddhism, because I need to learn how to detach more.

Now that I am a non-smoking Buddhist jock (and I'm changing my name to Esther) I have learned to accept things as they are instead of wishing for a different outcome. I must accept the fact that I will never walk again.

Okay, that was a bit dramatic. What I meant to say is that I must accept the fact that I will never play softball again.

Okay, what I mean is, I will not play softball for six weeks. That is how long the orthopediatrist or orthopediatric or orthopedic guy said I have to wait. That pisses me off so bad. I bought a new glove and cleats. I shake my fist at the heavens and shout, "New glove and New CLEATS, you evil gods! Does that mean anything to you!"

I find myself asking once again, what would Renee Zellweiger do? She probably would have caught the ball, so this wouldn't be an issue for her.

Well, I am trying to look on the bright side. I can elevate my foot and play World of Warcraft this weekend.

I have a new iPod to use at the gym and, although I am not supposed to get on the elliptical trainer, I can safely use the stationary bike, according to Ortho Man. (I can also safely use stationery.)

Damn it. Well, que sera sera and c'est la vie and all that crap.

I've never broken a bone before, so I'm sure I'm whining way too much about this. At least it wasn't my femur or tibia or fibula or, as Matt might suggest, my vulva bone.

No comments: