Featured Post

Seething Cakes of Hatred

Making pancakes, as I learned at AP's birthday bash at the beach this weekend, is an unbelievably tedious chore. I don't know why I...

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Jock Update


It is Sunday night (this is my very first time blogging from home) and I need to put ice or heat on my toe. Not sure which. I guess if I am going to become a jock, I need to learn when to apply ice and when to apply heat.

My toes is injured because softballs are, apparently, highly attracted to my toe. If I had worn my glove on my foot today at practice, I would have caught lots more balls.

Oh, and batting. Let's not even discuss batting. I can't bear to think about it.

But, do you know what I'm not too bad at? Throwing! One of the guys at rehearsal - - sorry - - practice, said that I have a good arm. That gave me a glimmer of hope, let me tell you.

The Toddtender connected with just about every pitch he was thrown. I was proud to be his friend today. He said he was proud of me too, and I beamed as I told him that I had a sports injury! My toe is going to be so sore and my toenail might even fall off. Then I showed The Toddtender the grass stain on my sweats from where I dove to get the ball. (I didn't dive to catch the ball, mind you. I dove just to get it off the ground where it was sitting.)

So, as I pointed out my dirty grass stain with a flourish (think bend and snap from Legally Blonde), The Toddtender started laughing so hard. He told me that most jocks don't point out the stains on their uniform during a game.

Okay, okay. I won't do that during games. But today was just rehearsal.
Practice, I mean.

No comments: