Featured Post

Seething Cakes of Hatred

Making pancakes, as I learned at AP's birthday bash at the beach this weekend, is an unbelievably tedious chore. I don't know why I...

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Working Out and Early Morning Cuddling and Pancakes and The L Word

I bought a white truck and a 10-speed blender on the same day.

Originally, I was thinking that was the answer to the question, "How can you tell I'm a grown-up now?"

But I was sure someone would say the real question was: "You know how I know you're gay?"

I started Spring Training on Monday. That is, I signed up for a fitness program at work, and I also need to get back in shape for softball. The hardest part has been finding my groove again. What I mean is, I'm out of the habit of regular work-out times, so I need to establish my regiment once more.

I like to work out earlier in the day, but not super early. Last night Auburn Pisces, who has been very consistent in her workouts lately, was saying that she would love to work out at 4:30 in the morning but can't because of her parental duties. I was, like, "You really wish you could work out at 4:30 in the morning? I'm still DRUNK at 4:30 in the morning!" Then she laughed until she almost peed her pants and then she wished she hadn't already blogged because she would have loved to put that quote on her blog, so I'm doing it for her here.

But the point is: I don't want to work out before the sun comes up. Besides, why get in the habit of rising so early? When I eventually have a man in my bed again, there is no way I will be able to pull myself out of his arms that early in the morning. The best part of waking up with a boyfriend is the long lingering caressing in the morning. (Sometimes when I write, my thoughts can be derailed by one simple sentence. I just sat staring into space for a few minutes while my hands were poised over the keyboard as I revelled in thoughts of early morning cuddling).

Speaking of derailed, this post is so derailed. Juju just stood up and started talking to me about work over our cubicle wall. I told her "Talk to the hand," but she kept talking. Then I tricked her by mentioning her dog, Pancakes. That threw her off, and then we began talking about The L Word. So, I'm over this post. You probably are too.

My favorite time to workout is right about now. Bye.

No comments: