Featured Post

Seething Cakes of Hatred

Making pancakes, as I learned at AP's birthday bash at the beach this weekend, is an unbelievably tedious chore. I don't know why I...

Monday, April 03, 2006

Losing My Demographic

Deep and profound apologies for Friday's post - I don't know what is happening to me.

Hanuman spoke for many of Hot Toddy's Toaster Oven readers when he indicated my post was incomprehensible to him.

To summarize for those not into gaming those of you with lives, I was reviewing my notes from a business meeting and found evidence that, instead of focusing on my own professional development, I was completely engrossed in the task of thinking about good names for dwarves in my game.

Further proof that something is amiss in Toddy Land:

This morning I drove the two Auburns, Pisces and Aries, to Union Station so they could board a train for Seattle to watch the Mariners season opener. Auburn Aries suddenly realized they had forgotten to bring a baseball glove. They were hoping to catch a foul ball. Without missing a beat I told the two disappointed ladies, "It's okay. You can use mine. I have it in the truck with me."

Six months ago, I would have never imagined I would utter that sentence. I can only imagine your confusion, dear reader. What happened to the Hot Toddy who wrote about The Rock and Little House on the Prairie in the very same post? Why are there no links to Margaret Cho or Megan Mullally on a regular basis?

Nobody knows how to label me anymore. Am I a nerd? A jock? A gay blogger? A gamer?

Gay people are disappearing in droves. Fag hags (or fruit flies, if you prefer) and Stag hags alike are heading for gayer pastures.

I have to do something fast, if I don't want to alienate my readers. This calls for drastic measures. So I will confess to something horribly embarrassing.

I watched The Facts of Life this weekend with Ren. Maybe I even hummed along with the theme song. (I said maybe!)

Given my current blogger identity confusion, I can understand this may be difficult for you. How do you know if you are even in the right place anymore? What if Hot Toddy never again writes anything gay? What if he never tells that story about how he dressed as his mother for Halloween when he was in third grade?

Here is a simple test for you. If you now you have the theme song for Facts of Life stuck in your head, or if you are making plans to go back and read Nellie Oleson's website, you're in the right place.

No comments: