Featured Post

Seething Cakes of Hatred

Making pancakes, as I learned at AP's birthday bash at the beach this weekend, is an unbelievably tedious chore. I don't know why I...

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Hot Toddy's Customer Service

Very busy at work today. Budget. Breaks. Lunch. More Budget. Registering Students for Training.

I have only time to impart one bit of wisdom to you today. Here is what I told Juju this morning as I trained her in customer service.

"Sometimes you have to do a bit of hand-holding. Some of our internal customers (ie., stupid coworkers) require extra attention. For example, I am currently assisting an internal customer (ie., thorn in my side) who called my supervisor one day after I failed to return a phone call within three hours. So, I am making sure to give him lots of great customer service. We must always provide good service to our internal customers. Just remember, you are allowed to resent them the whole time. And, believe me, I do."

After I finished registering the jerk for his class, I sent him an e-mail letting him know his request was complete. He then called me and proceeded to read the e-mail I just sent him. "I'm just seeing if I have any questions for you," he said as he quietly read my e-mail to me. "Okay, well, you go ahead and read the e-mail I sent you and feel free to call if you have questions afterwards!" I said chirpily, as if I was Mary Fucking Poppins. I think it may take more than a spoonful of sugar to get me through this day.

No comments: