Featured Post

Seething Cakes of Hatred

Making pancakes, as I learned at AP's birthday bash at the beach this weekend, is an unbelievably tedious chore. I don't know why I...

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Surely I Jest...

If you don't have a sense of humor, I think you should go away now. My fake feud with Dan Renzi seems to have attracted some humor-impaired visitors. I would like to kindly and respectfully ask that those people go away, please. I appreciate that you stopped by, but your services will not be needed here any longer. I am astonished that anyone would take too seriously a blog called "Hot Toddy's Toaster Oven", but apparently the comedy is too subtle.

While nothing thrills me more than being lectured in my comments, it might be helpful if all you Future Evangelists of America would maybe read an entry or two before deciding who I am and chastising me based on your extensive knowledge of my life based on the two paragraphs you've read.

I love the people who regularly read and comment on Hot Toddy's Toaster Oven. I love my friends from far away who send me e-mails. I love talking on the phone to several HTTO readers who live all over the country. I don't need everyone to agree with me in my comments. It's okay to disagree with my views. But it's pretty to stupid to debate a joke, don't you think? There are a few new visitors who need to lighten up or go away. Read a few of my entries and try to get some sense of who I am before you spew fire and brimstone. As my friend (and Erin's friend) Nancypants would say, "You don't know me, fucko."

I am not really feuding with Dan Renzi, I don't really think that sleeping with four guys makes me a slut, and I know that David Sedaris is gay.

Yuck, I hate this post.

To all the cool normal people who read and comment regularly, I love you now more than ever. You all know who you are.

No comments: