Featured Post

Seething Cakes of Hatred

Making pancakes, as I learned at AP's birthday bash at the beach this weekend, is an unbelievably tedious chore. I don't know why I...

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Bumper Stickers

While conversing, via e-mail, with Famous Author Rob Byrnes today, I was suddenly struck with a brilliant idea for a bumper sticker. (I think Rob is sort of like my muse. He inspires me to new creative heights. By that, I mean he makes me want to get high.)

Here is my great bumper sticker idea. I want to make a sticker that says, "I Love NY", except I would put a red heart shape in place of the word "Love". Get it? I think people would buy this sticker, don't you?

Another sticker I would love to see is one that says, "Are We Having Fun Yet?" I think that would make many people laugh or snicker or, possibly, chortle. See, it is meant to be sarcastic. The phrase "Are We Having Fun Yet" implies that nobody is really having fun at all. And there is no real expectation that fun will begin anytime soon. It would be a hoot to see someone put a sticker like that up in their cubicle at work, wouldn't it? I would definitely guffaw or cackle if I saw that sticker in the workplace.

Or, how about this: You know how some people say, from time to time, "I'm not as drunk as you think I am?" What if the person really was drunk and they accidentally said, "I'm not as think as you drunk I am." Now that would be a funny bumper sticker. I would capitalize all the words, though, for maximum comic effect. "I'm Not As Think As You Drunk I Am" - get it!?

I should go now. I really need to get back to work because I need this job very badly. I am so broke I can't even pay attention. OH MY GOSH! Did you see the joke I just invented on the fly? So broke I can't pay attention. Get it? Get it? I gotta start writing this stuff down. Oh. I guess I just did.

Time to go. See ya. Wouldn't want to be ya. (OH MY GOD!!! I am on a roll today!!!)

No comments: