Featured Post

Seething Cakes of Hatred

Making pancakes, as I learned at AP's birthday bash at the beach this weekend, is an unbelievably tedious chore. I don't know why I...

Friday, October 15, 2004

I Need to Get My Act Together

The theme for this week is "Things Hot Toddy Needs".

We've covered money and cooking lessons. Today I will explain something else I need.

I need to get my act together.

A few months ago, I declared Amazon.com wish lists to be a symbol of greed and vanity. Some Toaster Oven readers disagreed. They claimed that wish lists are interesting to read, provide insight into a blogger's interests, and simplify gift-giving. So, I decided to add a wish list to my blog.

I made using my wish list as difficult as possible. First I linked readers to the wrong wish list. If you clicked on my link more than two weeks ago, you probably did not see my personalized wish list. Or you may have even been directed to your own wish list.

Crash gently informed me of my idiocy. So I fixed the link. But do you know what I forgot to do? I never updated my shipping address.

I hope the resident of my old house is enjoying any of the gifts he/she received. If you did send me a birthday gift from my wish list (and I know of one person who was kind enough to do this), and I didn't thank you for it, I apologize. The truth is, I probably never received it. Please contact Amazon and tell them, "I sent a gift to a moron who never updated his wish list shipping address. Can I get a refund, please?"

Michael, I think this explains why I never received the CD you tried to send me a couple months ago.

I went in and updated the address today. But I doubt anyone will want to hassle with the wish list in the future. I wouldn't blame you.

No comments: