Featured Post

Seething Cakes of Hatred

Making pancakes, as I learned at AP's birthday bash at the beach this weekend, is an unbelievably tedious chore. I don't know why I...

Monday, October 18, 2004

Mirror Image

Have you ever stood in front of a mirror and studied your face? I have. And I'm not talking about staring into a mirror and wishing you could make love to yourself. It's not vanity to simply observe and make mental notes on what you see.

When I look in the mirror I notice that my eyes are almost almond-shaped. I think if my skin, eyes and hair were darker, I would look almost Asian. I often wish my eyebrows were darker. Men with dark eyebrows look stronger. More powerful.

My nose is not too big or too small. It seems okay. My lips are really full. Sometimes I like that, but sometimes they seem too big. But usually people like kissing them, so that's a plus.

I have a dimple that only comes out when I have a very specific expression on my face. Sometimes if I laugh or smile, the dimple doesn't show itself. It's a shy dimple. I can make it appear on purpose, though, and sometimes I use the dimple to flirt.

I wish my face were more angular. My mother's family is Norwegian, and I inherited a roundish face. I have hints of wrinkles around my eyes, but mostly have a wrinkle-free face.

I don't need to wear my glasses all the time. But I usually wear them because I'm afraid I'll lose them if I take them off.

My smile is friendly, and I have decent teeth. Not perfect teeth, though. When I was in college I fell and shattered a tooth (playing Duck, Duck, Goose - ridiculous), and if you look closely you can tell which tooth was broken. One of my teeth was impacted by that accident and is bit darker than the other teeth in my mouth. Maybe someday I'll get that fixed, but it isn't important enough for me to spend the money on it right now.

People say I have a "sweet" face. Sometimes when I look into my eyes I see a sadness, but it's only because I know myself so well. You probably wouldn't notice it if you met me.

I think you should go look in the mirror now too. Let me know what you see.

No comments: