Featured Post

Seething Cakes of Hatred

Making pancakes, as I learned at AP's birthday bash at the beach this weekend, is an unbelievably tedious chore. I don't know why I...

Wednesday, August 25, 2004

No Card Game, No Funny Blog...

Card night was cancelled last night. The Handsome Prince was going to teach us to play Pinochle, but due to some last minute cancellations, we just postponed the party. I thought I would have a funny story or two to tell this morning, but the only thing I can think of is a little story about THP trying to throw the sealed pack of Pinochle cards over his head and catch them on the sidewalk outside the store. It is a visual joke. There is no way I can show you in a blog how ridiculous he looked, but he had me doubled over laughing.

Forgive me, but I'm posting quiz results today. Apparently, my muse is not cooperating and most likely passed out in a pool of her own sick this morning. The Executive told me about the quiz. I also saw it on a friend's blog. I also saw it on some other dude's site.

It's actually pretty interesting. To me. Things about me are interesting. Talking about myself is interesting. It makes you want to date me. You know it does.

Come on, you know you want a piece of this...

eXpressive: 6/10
Practical: 6/10
Physical: 5/10
Giver: 5/10


You are a XPIT--Expressive Practical Intellectual Taker. This makes you a Manager.

You are cool, thoughtful and intelligent. Your approach and your sense of humor are under-the-radar, your charm is undeniable. You keep everything under control. You have distinctive vocal mannerisms. You may not have much interest in approaching strangers, but when you do, you are successful.

[Note: My sister says she has never heard me raise my voice in her whole life. I was once told by a coworker that if I were any more laid back, I'd be in a coma.]

You will probably end up with someone beautiful, fascinating and off-balance. While your partner may steal the limelight, it's you that keeps things running smoothly and provides stability in your relationship. If you are with someone as contemplative and hard-headed as you, you can have a tough time.

Your greatest asset is that you tackle conflict as it rises -- you don't ignore it and let it brew. If you have a partner that *does* let it brew, it will make you crazy! You can find yourself fighting for two -- trying to anticipate your partner's needs and draw their feelings out -- which is exhausting and, well, not your job.

You would never cheat. You would make an excellent spouse. When your spouse's friends met you, they would think, "Crap, why couldn't I get that one?"

[Note: Nope. I wouldn't cheat on my partner. I know what it feels like to be cheated on.]

Of the 3484 people who have taken this quiz, 5.6 % are this type.

20 Questions to a Better Relationship

Yeah, I fly under the radar. Yet, I manage situations and influence the behavior of others without being obvious about it. I definitely try to draw out my partner's feelings and anticipate his needs. And as for this practice being exhausting? Hell, yes, it is. So I will most likely, as the results suggest, end up with someone "beautiful, fascinating AND off-balance".

I didn't immediately agree with all the results. For example, most people might assume I will be the one in a relationship who "steals the limelight". Then I thought about my past behavior, and I realized that this really is a trait I exhibit when I care about someone deeply. When I love someone, I want him to feel adored by me and by my friends. I will put him on a pedestal and brag about him to anyone who will listen. Sure, this is partially motivated by a sick sort of vanity. I am smart enough to know that having a trophy boyfriend isn't what I need, but it would be ridiculous of me to claim I never have those sorts of feelings.

Still, it's not hard for me to step back and share the spotlight or surrender it entirely to someone I love. In blog terms, for example, if I like someone I might link to him. A LOT. Right? Like almost every day? Yep. Okay, so maybe there is something to this little quiz after all.

I'm not exactly sure why I only got 5/10 for a physical rating. I think I have a pretty strong sexual drive. In fact, there may be some who can attest to that personally, and I would appreciate it if you would just refrain from commenting at this time. Thanks.

No comments: