Featured Post

Seething Cakes of Hatred

Making pancakes, as I learned at AP's birthday bash at the beach this weekend, is an unbelievably tedious chore. I don't know why I...

Tuesday, August 31, 2004

I Should Tell You



Things I Learned in The Vortex Last Night:
1. Pony doesn't like spiders, but understands why Toddy won't kill them.
2. Spiders have, according to Pony, an "attitude problem".
3. In-line cylinders are not shaped like a "V".
4. The Handsome Prince has additional defects besides his tremor.
5. Some people are vain enough to believe I will blog about them regularly.

I feel rebellious today. So, Vain One, I may blog about you today, but I refuse to link to you due to your unabashed arrogance.

There's an awful lot to learn about people, and it takes time. Rushing is never smart. Experiencing these tentative early days of getting to know someone new has been fun and curious and interesting. It reminds me of a song from one of my favorite musicals:

"I should tell you, I'm disaster. I forget how to begin it.
Let's just make this part go faster. I have yet to be in it.
I should tell you, I should tell you.

Here goes. Guess, so, it's starting...who knows?
Who knows.

Who knows where? Who goes there?

Here goes...

Trusting desire - starting to learn.
Walking through fire without a burn.
Clinging, a shoulder, a leap begins.
Stinging and older, asleep on pins.

So here we go...
Lyrics: I Should Tell You, Jonathon Larson

No comments: