Featured Post

Seething Cakes of Hatred

Making pancakes, as I learned at AP's birthday bash at the beach this weekend, is an unbelievably tedious chore. I don't know why I...

Friday, February 11, 2005

Don't Read This If We've Dated...

Seriously, if we have been romantically involved in the past, you should leave now. Today is for me, not for you. Thanks. Talk to ya later.

Okay, now that they're gone. Yes, "them" - not "him. Unfortunately there are a few of these guys. It seems that there has been a common theme to most of the guys I've given my heart to lately.

Valentine's day is coming up, and I really can't see sending one to anybody this year. This is the best I can do for now...

When I met you, I couldn't picture us together.
I couldn't imagine we would work. It didn't fit. It didn't make sense.

But you persisted. You wanted to know me. You wanted time with me. God, the romantic e-mails and words you used on me. You're very creative. Quite a spinner of tales.

I couldn't believe how much you seemed to like me. It was almost like you were crazy about me. I tried to get on board with your enthusiasm, but it felt like it was happening so quickly. I felt a little guilty for not trusting you.

I had to explore what you might become to me, and, eventually, you became so much more important to me than I could have imagined.

You won my heart.

Was that enough for you? Just the winning thing? 'Cause, once you won, you decided you didn't want my heart after all. So you just gave it back to me, but not in its original condition. Now it's all bruised and dirty and, really, who's gonna want it now?

There should be a "no returns" policy on dating.

No comments: