Featured Post

Seething Cakes of Hatred

Making pancakes, as I learned at AP's birthday bash at the beach this weekend, is an unbelievably tedious chore. I don't know why I...

Monday, February 07, 2005

Hot Toddy's New Job

It is my first day working in my new job. I'm at a new desk. I don't know how to access my voice mail.

I can't find any pens. I packed them.

I miss Auburn Pisces. I don't work near her anymore.

I feel like an alien, even though I'm still working at the same company.

Oh, and did I mention I have to oversee a budget of almost a million bucks? Me. The guy who depletes his checking account down to 48 cents every couple weeks.

I'm lost. I'm confused.

Change is good, right? That's what they say. I haven't had a "new job" in over five years. Everything used to feel so familiar. So predictable. So routine. Now I don't even know where the breakroom is, so I'm eating my breakfast sandwich cold.

This feels like a first date. Except nobody there is no chance I'll get a kiss at the end of it.

At least I will have new things to write about...

No comments: