Featured Post

Seething Cakes of Hatred

Making pancakes, as I learned at AP's birthday bash at the beach this weekend, is an unbelievably tedious chore. I don't know why I...

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Lessons Learned

The wedding was fantastic, and I learned so much. I attempted to summarize everything in my journal yesterday as I flew from Burbank to Portland. But the cute flight attendant (Hi, Ryan!) kept refilling my glass with complimentary wine. I couldn't focus on anything. Well, except for Ryan.

This morning at my office, I did manage to complete a list of lessons learned from my trip:

1. In spite of a horrible banging sound as my car smashes into cement, she CAN make it over the median just fine if I accidentally try to enter a highway using the exit ramp.

2. Some people in this world are nice enough to chase you through the airport if you leave your ATM card in the machine.

3. My friends from Texas are aging at a faster pace than I am. Yet I'm pretty certain I'm partying harder than they are.

4. Contrary to popular belief, it is possible to get two feet of unexpected snow in the San Bernardino mountains prior to February.

5. Always bring extra money even if you think you're only going on a quick weekend getaway.

6. Bring some kind of vegetarian protein supplement when going out of town.

7. Lamb tastes like a sweet innocent victim.

8. People over 70 freak out if they are trapped in the mountains without their medication.

9. People over 70 can't walk through the snow unassisted.

10. People over 70 can pack a lot in their suitcases, but can't carry them unassisted.

11. People over 70 very much appreciate being taken care of and will reward you with extreme gratitude and love if you give them a hand.

12. I may be an attention whore, but I am also extremely caring and patient. Especially if you are over 70.

13. Getting down a mountain in the snow is not easy when your car doesn't have chains.

14. Just because a car has four tires, doesn't mean it has "four wheel drive".

15. I'm pretty good at driving in snow.

16. Flying standby and getting the last seat on a full flight is the best feeling in the world.

17. After a long weekend caring for old people in the mountains, there's nothing like treating yourself to a soak in a hot tub.

18. My bathhouse membership expired.

19. Renewal is pretty reasonable.

20. There's no place like home.

No comments: