Featured Post

Seething Cakes of Hatred

Making pancakes, as I learned at AP's birthday bash at the beach this weekend, is an unbelievably tedious chore. I don't know why I...

Friday, September 17, 2004

Happy

I'm happy tonight. That's about all I have to say. I'm just happy.

Pony came back home from Dallas tonight. He's been working there all week. I missed him this week, and it makes me feel like smiling just to have him in the same room with him. We're hanging out at his place right now. He is pouring me a glass of wine as I write this. I'm using his laptop to blog (awesome!) and he is chatting on the phone with a friend and laughing. The cat (Fiesta of Our Lady of Guadalupe) is talking to me, and we're watching Comedy Central. Everything right now is peaceful and happy. Sometimes life just feels "right", you know?

Sometimes we make life too hard. We forget to appreciate the simple pleasures. Just sitting in the same room with someone you care about and knowing you have a weekend ahead of you, wine in your glass and money in your pocket is enough. Isn't it?

Tomorrow I'm going to the coast. Pony and The Handsome Prince and his boyfriend, The Math Whiz are driving to Pacific City to spend time at The Executive's beach house. I'm really happy right now. That's about all I have to say.

No comments: