Featured Post

Seething Cakes of Hatred

Making pancakes, as I learned at AP's birthday bash at the beach this weekend, is an unbelievably tedious chore. I don't know why I...

Wednesday, March 03, 2004

Marriage is Funner, Part Two

Portland, Oregon is so busy rebelling against the Lord this morning that everything feels quite hectic. E-mails are flying, blog comments are insane, and my stomach is growling due to a lack of time to eat. How can I eat when I'm so busy reading about such awesome news.

I wonder if this at all resembles what it felt like to be in San Francisco the day "The Gays" started marrying!? It is exhilarating.

I really prefer to deal with political issues with a sense of humor, so Pandagon's blog has been my favorite so far today. I actually laughed out loud at my desk when I saw it.

My primary comment to those opposed to same-sex marriage has been, "I'm sorry this day is so sad for you. It is a joyous one for many of us who are happy to see loving couples being granted equal rights. If you don't agree with my right to marry the man I love, then I am afraid I won't be able to invite you to the ceremony. Please don't feel the need to send flowers or anything."

I am having so much fun that I don't even care that my date from Monday night hasn't called or e-mailed. I mean, come on, gay folks are gettin' married!

No comments: