Featured Post

Seething Cakes of Hatred

Making pancakes, as I learned at AP's birthday bash at the beach this weekend, is an unbelievably tedious chore. I don't know why I...

Thursday, March 04, 2004

What Award Could I Win?

I am not really worried about winning awards. I won lots of trophies for music and theatre competitions in high school. Not as many as Marcia Brady, but quite a few. The only trophy I kept, however, was a tiny little bowling trophy that says, "I TRIED".

If Bloggies are ever awarded to the blogger who cries the most of anybody and writes about it all the time, I will win.

It should be said that there is a difference between "crying" (your eyes fill with tears) and "sobbing" (more of a theatrical device, really). I am a quiet crier. You may not even know I'm doing it. But I can't stop tears from coming to my eyes when I feel intense joy or deep sadness.

My weepy role model is, of course, Michael Landon as Charles Ingalls. He cried a lot, but damn he was hot.

No comments: