Featured Post

Seething Cakes of Hatred

Making pancakes, as I learned at AP's birthday bash at the beach this weekend, is an unbelievably tedious chore. I don't know why I...

Friday, July 16, 2004

The Dating Game
 
Ubergirl spun a wheel for me at a Pride booth, and won me a Gold Membership to a Voice Personal phone service. That's 1000 minutes  I have to use by the end of July. I've used 50 minutes so far. Anyway, here is my ad and the top candidates who responded. Which one should I call first? Help, I'm a Libra. Decide for me.
 
My Voice Personal:
"This is Todd, and I'm putting my ad in this category (Just Friends) because there's no category for, "I  have no idea what I want".  I'm 37, but I look like I'm in my twenties. I swear to God, I do. But I'm not in my twenties. I'm old.
 
Anyway, I like theatre, writing, music, parties...I like to sing karaoke. I work out 3 or 4 times a week. I would love to do more outdoors stuff - hiking or camping. I've never been camping.  That would be cool. Anything else you want to know, let me know. We'll chat." 
 
The Southern Boy, 45 (He sounds like Michael Vernon!)
Seeking LTR - Discreet 6'2, 203 lbs - great smile - good heart - loves outdoors - dance with life
 
"Todd I was impressed with your voice and also with the things that you like to do. It sounds like you have a passion for life. I'm a person that loves theater and writing and music. Just moved here from Texas, as you can tell from my southern accent. Moved here last summer. Here's my cell number. Give a shout and let's talk! Hope you have a great week. Thanks."
 
The Latino Bisexual, 25 (Another great accent!)
Seeking "straight acting" guys - Start with friendship first
 
"Hi, I heard your ad and you sound pretty interesting to me. I stand about 5'8" and weigh 160-165 and I have brown hair and brown eyes. I have smooth tan skin. I'm an outgoing easygoing person looking to meet new people and start from there. If you're interested give me a call."
 
The Italian Professional, 41 (I know who he is. I volunteered for his agency for one day and then got bored and never came back. Not a good start, eh?) 

"Hey, I heard your message and it sounds really good.  Finally, a real person. A lot of these messages are a bit bizarre for me.  I'm 41 and recently single. Looking for new friends. People to hang out and do things with. Sounds like you have varied interests. Maybe it would be fun to go see a movie or go do "karoke"? (He mispronounced it - uh oh) which I've never done before. I've watched a couple times. If you're looking for a new friend to do things with, let's talk. Let's connect. I don't do a lot of outdoor stuff. I have to be honest, camping is not my forte. I like to camp with people who know what they're doing. Otherwise I stay at a Best Western.  Anyway, give me a call. Thanks! "
 
The Jock, Age 25 (Could I date someone who says "rockin" in a sentence?)
5'10" 175 Jock type - likes to work out - goatee - digs straight acting guys - rock concerts - loves hairy legs
 
"Hey, I was listening to your ad, and you sound like a pretty rockin' guy. Why don't you listen to my ad and maybe see if I might be someone you might like to meet and we'll go from there. I'm curious about you so why don't you get back? Later."
 
The Drag Queen, Age 24 (Could barely hear him - he was doing a sexy whisper voice)
5'5" 135 pounds
 
"Hey, there. You sound pretty cool. If you want to, go ahead and get back to me. I have an ad playing too. I currently work as a drag queen downtown (giggles) I know, I know. But I don't live it - I live as a guy. You can call me day or night. I'm a night owl. If I'm sleeping or gone I won't answer so leave a message and I'll get back to you. So, I'll talk to you later. Hopefully."
 
The Top, Age 47 (Great bass voice)
6'1" 220 - football player build - salt & pepper hair - very explicit sexual details in his ad, although he says in his message to me he's looking for "Just Friends"
 
"Hey, Todd. You're probably not looking for a 47-year-old, but I just had to chime in and tell you I really got a kick out of your ad. I listened to it a couple times. You sound like a really good down-to-earth kind of guy. If age is not really important to you, listen to my message. You sound like a cool guy, and I really liked your ad. Looking just for friends. Someone to hang out with. I do theatre too - more technical stuff than stage. Let me know!" 
  
My responses read like a reality television show cast. My time is really limited. I can't meet more than one or two of these guys in the next couple weeks. So, who do I call first?



No comments: